Younger, are you?

photo


"You know you ain't getting any younger, younger, younger, are you?" 
- Younger // Seinabo Sey


I've had this song playing on repeat since yesterday and it's too good to stop any time sooner. Her voice is just amaziiiiiing and so are her lyrics. I like her acoustic cover on Vevo DSCVR [ here! ] more than the original one though. 

Anyway, it made me realise that we really don't have all the time in this world to worry about things that shouldn't matter. We're not getting any younger so why waste so much of yourself in something that is probably just temporary. You gain some and you lose some in life. That's just how the universe works and sometimes we just have to accept things the way they are. I'm not saying it's easy because we're all bound to feel pain, sadness, etc but the important thing is that you can never let those things get to you. Things can change in just a blink of an eye so don't sweat it, you'll get better. 

Use me as an example. A month back from today I was in such a downhearted state. My eyes were  always swollen and red from crying and all I felt was 'blegh'. Might I add, I looked pretty 'blegh' too. I spent nights awake being upset, rethinking things and blaming myself for whatever and such, and it was horrible. I lost sleep over things that now don't mean much to me. A month later, look at how I am now. I'm far from how I was before and am happier than anything. I literally feel so much lighter and although I know the things before was worth all the tears, I shouldn't be drowning it them anymore. As I said, you gain some you lose some. I've accepted things the way they are and now I'm happy and I'm laughing and smiling more than ever, and that's all that matters. 

So, to anyone who's having a hard time, just know that you'd get through it fine, definitely. One day, you'll find yourself not even having a single thought about whatever that consumed your entire mind before. 

--------

Okay, so I've been itching to type up some meaningful/help-ish type posts but don't really have anything in mind currently. Guess I'm back in my writing slump blegh. Hopefully I snap out of it soon because I always have the base idea to start on but like nothing comes after that for some reason. 

I'm on the 7th day of exams and I'm so tired of them already lol. I really don't want to do any more papers asdfghjkl. Too bad Sarah. Too bad because you've got 5 more days of it to go. I always get real restless when I find myself stuck on some questions or whenever I finish early and would be rolling all over the table, trying multiple different positions to find one comfortable enough to sleep, turning to look at the clock every 10 minutes, doing a 180 to look and watch Prishnath doing his paper (its fine, I don't copy him. I'm too easily guilt-ridden to do so), doodle all over my paper and a whole lot more till the teacher finally goes, "Okay, I'm going to collect your papers." 

Ah, anyway, my phone broke today yay. I came home trying to charge it and it wouldn't charge at all. Thought it was the wires that were faulty but I tried them with the ipad and it worked fine. Weird thing is, it would only charge when it was out of battery and then whenever it turned back on and is on 1%, it would stop charging again. So yeah, my phone's dead. Thanks for a great 2 years and for keeping me connected socially. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment