Eid-cited

photo



"I get up in the morning looking for an adventure"
- George Forman



Time for a more positive post! *throws confetti*

So after two long weeks and two days of ongoing exams, I'm finally done with my last school exams ever! Feels great to be over with it all; the stress, the studying, and the papers. At least for now, before I've got to start studying as hard as ever for SPM. Oh well, I'm keeping that thought far back in my mind because the holiday week just started and I couldn't be any happier.

It's Eid al-Fitr this Friday and my excitement is so reaaaaaaaaaal. However, it is pretty upsetting knowing that the holy month of Ramadhan is coming to an end in a two days (?. Today and tomorrow?). Everyone's been saying how fast they think Ramadhan has gone and how it feels like we just started the first week, and I agree. It does feel like the month has come and gone in a blink of an eye.

I've enjoyed my Ramadhan month thoroughly though. A whole lot of good has been blessed during it and I'm very grateful for it all. I met new people, learned new things, and fixed broken friendships. It was a complete turn over to the bad from before. See, the rainbow really does come after the rain.

Anyway, wonder how everyone else is preparing for Eid. I'm not going back to any of my home towns this year because everyone's planning to celebrate in KL. Both my pair of grandparents live here anyway, so it's not like I'm going to be away from them this Eid. You know what I'm pretty excited about other than the usual morning, food and spreading the raya love, is going to see what other people are wearing! Like I legitimately cannot wait to see all the girls in their baju kurungs and all the guys in the baju melayus. Our family hasn't worn matching colours in absolutely ages and this year we're just the same. I'll be wearing a cream top with a pink skirt from my outfit for my aunt's wedding. I'm real eager to be putting it all on on Raya morning, getting myself ready, then looking at the mirror and feeling yknow, amazing. Everyone deserves to feel and look amazing for Eid!

Speaking of all this excitement and happiness on Eid, we all still have to remember that there still are lots of people  out there who are unable to celebrate it the way we do. They can't afford new clothes every year, or huge food spreads, or maybe they've just lost someone important and it's their first raya without them. You'll never know. That's why, we, as lucky as we are, have to forever and always be thankful that we are able to have all these blessings, and to go share and spread what you have with those people who don't.


"Sadaqah is not restricted to giving part of our wealth or material possessions or any special deed of righteousness.  Islam considers all good deeds as sadaqah that increase our eeman"


Another thing I'm thrilled about is that my youngest cousin, little baby M is flying over from Brunei today! It'll be her first time here and my first time seeing her out of photos. Wonder how small or big she is, wonder how big and fluffy her cheeks are, wonder how'd she react to everyone, wonder how amazingly loveable she'd be at first sight. There hasn't been a baby girl in the family since I was born, so yay I'm not the youngest girl anymore!

Have a good day and remember to make the best out of the last few days of Ramadhan! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment