Being grateful



photo


"Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life" 
- Joel Osteen 



I wish I learnt to always be grateful earlier. Then again, it's in human nature. People don't stick to one thing all the time, there's bound to be things that distract and take your attention away from it. Either way, there's still time to learn to be grateful now for the things you've taken for granted and never really noticed before. 

Every night for Iftar, I sat eating with my family in front of a spread of different amazing food. In my plate, I could add more and more rice and side dishes whenever I wanted more. At the end of my meal, I had a bit of rice left on my plate and I couldn't finish it. For me, it was just easy to throw it away and leave the plate in the sink. 

Now, I think over it again and realise wow, how many people would actually want that bit of that I had easily thrown away. Even though it wasn't much but to other people, it might be more than enough. 

I wonder how many people out of the 7 billion in the world are unable to eat as I do, to live in simplicity as I do, to enjoy things that I do, to be able to do the things I do. To be wanting to give everything to have a taste of the easy life that other people lead. 

How many mouths are being unfed? How many people are left unloved and uncared for? How many children are born and growing up in hardship? How many of us don't realise that? 

I know that not all of us are able to give these people a better life but a prayer and to show care from afar won't hurt anyone. 

Y'know, there's this show called Secret Millionaire (think I've wrote about it before) on tv that I've been watching loads before and it's where they have millionaires posing as ordinary people and having them meet other people (on streets/through charities/etc) and learning what they do and their troubles. Then in the end, they give away checks depending on how much the certain parties need. It's really quite heartwarming to see all those happy faces when they figure out that someone is there to help them when they least expected it. 

Mum always says how much she wished to be a millionaire and to be able to do the things as they did in the show. I agree with her. Imagine how nice and full your heart'll feel when to know that what you've done is able to help other people immensely. Sometimes I see those kind of organisations where they have people travel to parts of the world that are needy and supply them things like food (etc), and I wish I'd be able to do that soon. I'd really and definitely would love to. It's not just the mere fact that I'd be able to lend a hand but also being able to learn and experience the way that they live even if it's just for a day. Then, you'd honestly only realise how much you've got in life. 


-

I, as an example, am using up pretty much all my free time online. In a month or so, I'd be all frustrated at the little time I've got to study before spm ha. That, is called being ungrateful towards the amount of time you have. 

Bleh, I just have a hard time studying alone because I love love love asking questions aha. To me, it just seems way simpler to learn that way than to read my eyes out for 10 hours. Also, a book can't answer back and explain when I still don't understand something. I'm definitely fit for a study group and am waiting to have one soon. Exams are next week though, pft. 

On a completely different note, I've been having stomach aches for the past two days and it just frustrates me since it only affects when I'm trying to eat. Yesterday, I could only have a bit of the dish and two pieces of bread, and this morning it starting hurting when I tried to eat sahur agh. Currently though, it's fine since I'm not consuming anything hm. Maybe I ate something I shouldn't for Iftar two days ago. Can't think of what it could be though. 

Oh lord, I feel as if an ant just crawled up into my ear but I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT CAN'T I SINCE I'M FASTING AND YOU CAN'T DIG YOUR EARS NOSE AND ETC. Really hoping it isn't an ant...or any sort of bug at all...

(love how it went from being serious to bug in ears)

Have a good day and fast! xx 







0 comments:

Post a Comment